Vienna - the best city in the world!
6 facts about Vienna
- Inhabitants: 1,800,000
- Language: German
- Currency: EUR
- EU-member: Yes
- Time zone: CET (+1 GMT)
Vienna offers a unique ensemble of traditional heritage and modernity. Magnificent imperial buildings (Schönbrunn Palace, Belvedere, St. Stephen’s Cathedral), art nouveau buildings (Secession) as well as a long lasting tradition of musical arts (Franz Schubert, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart) meet modern architecture, art, festivals and the famous Viennese cuisine (Wiener Schnitzel, Strudel, Sacher Torte).
With a busy cultural calendar and numerous sights, Vienna is clearly a year-round destination. Special summer festivals and events, like open-air cinemas, as well as traditional winter activities, such as ice-skating at the City Hall Park and Christmas markets, are the perfect addition to the vast offer of concerts, plays and opera performances at Vienna’s famous theatres and opera houses.
Vienna was chosen No. 1 of the 25 "Best Cities For Young People To Live In" from the U.S. internet ranking platform "list25.com"
"'The City of Dreams' or 'City of Music' offers almost everything what young people want from a city. Vienna's history, culture, economy, environment, and simply the fact that it is the most liveable city in the world, make the first place." » source: list25.com
- Architecture : Haashaus, Hundertwasserhaus, UNO-City, DC Tower
- Museums: Museumsquartier, Museum of Modern Art (mumok)
- Music, dance and film festivals: Danube Island Festival, Popfest, ImPulsTanz, Viennale
- Fashion: Vienna Fashion Week, Vienna Fasion Night, shopping street Mariahilferstraße with young designer shops in surrounding alleys
Vienna features an excellent infrastructure, is clean, safe, green and provides a stimulating environment for your German course.
- High quality of life: Vienna is the most liveable city worldwide as published in Mercer’s Quality of Living ranking » source
- Most livable city for young people » source: list25.com
- Safe city with an excellent public transport network: subway, trams, buses
- Temperate and mild climate – Vienna is year-round an attractive destionation!
- Average summer temperatures 20°C to 30°C (68F - 86F), average winter temperatures around 0°C (32F)
The language spoken in Austria is German – pure, correct German. Many experts believe that the finest, most melodious German is spoken in Austria. ActiLingua Academy teaches standard German according to a recognized curriculum. We use the same course books as most renowned schools in Germany. In our modern language school, you can learn to speak, read and write German where it is spoken - Vienna!
Why learn German?
- Communication: More than 120 million people in Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Northern Italy, Eastern France and in parts of Belgium speak German.
- Business: German is a key language in the European Union. Learning German improves your chances on the job market.
- Culture: German is one of the most important cultural languages. It was spoken and written by Goethe, Mozart, Beethoven, Freud, Klimt, Einstein and numerous other great artists and scientists.
Vienna is perfectly located, in the heart of Europe, only a stone's throw from several major European cities. You can explore Vienna or go further afield to other important European cities. German courses take place Monday to Friday, on weekends you can travel to European metropolises or discover the beauty of nature in the surrounding regions. You can either join the popular excursions organized by ActiLingua or travel on your own!
- Salzburg: 3 hours
- Bratislava: 1 hour
- Budapest: 3 hours
- Prag: 4 hours
- Munich: 4-5 hours
- Venice: 10 hours